Monday, December 5, 2011

Can we go the distance? Can we go the speed?

This morning I woke up with these words running through my head..

"Reluctantly crouched at the starting line,
Engines pumping and thumping in time.
The green light flashes, the flags goes up,
Churning and burning, they yearn for the cup.
"

 If any of you reading this thought "Cake!" we have similar music tastes.
No, not the kind you eat. The band. These are the opening words to "The Distance" by Cake. 
You don't eat this cake..
  
  Before the mission I listened to these guys all the time and this song inspired a couple thoughts I would like to share with you.  
 What is our cup? Our ultimate goal? Well, unfortunately alot of the time our goals are very different from the Lords, but we learn what his ultimate goal for us is in the scriptures: 

"For behold, this is my work and my glory—to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man."
 With such an amazing goal that God is trying to help us achieve we need to do our very best to absolutely achieve it. That means knowing his true restored Gospel and living it to the best of our ability. Are we "Going the Distance" or "Going the speed"?


 Satan motives are very selfish. He wants you to think you can't read the scriptures because you're too tired, you can't be baptized, you can't be happy. He is a liar and wants you as miserable as himself.
But you can do hard things.
In this world we must deftly maneuver and muscle for rank, even when our fuel is burning fast on an empty tank.

Hmmm...Nascar.


The Lord is here to help you. Take from Alma the Youngers testimony on receiving divine help in trials:

"And I have been supported under trials and troubles of every kind, yea, and in all manner of afflictions; yea, God has delivered me from prison, and from bonds, and from death; yea, and I do put my trust in him, and he will still deliver me."

 So let us put our trust in Him like Alma did. Nothing will stop us from going the distance. We will make our goal if our goal is the Lords goal. We can all reach the finish line.

Not quiet like this...But you know what I mean.

**************************************************************************

Want to read a good chapter in the Book of Mormon? How about Almas' fatherly advice to his son Helaman. Its a good one! Check it out!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment