Monday, December 5, 2011

Modest Mouse: Float on


Occasionally I'll blog about a song that is stuck in my head for the moment.
Currently I have Modest Mouses' "Float on".

"Alright already we'll all float on.
Alright already we'll all float on.
Alright don't worry even if things end up a bit too heavy.
We'll all float on...alright. Already we'll all float on.
Alright already we'll all float on, ok.
Don't worry we'll all float on.
Even if things get heavy, we'll all float on."


I love the times in my life that I have had this attitude. The attitude that even if  things end up a bit to heavy, things will still be alright. In a sense, I'll keep floating on and things will be good. It seems that every time I gain these feelings is when I'm doing my best to fully trust in the Lord.

Fear not, little children, for you are mine, and I have overcome the world,
and you are of them that my Father hath given me;

But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

 How cool is that. The scriptures teach us that we haven't anything to fear if we trust in him, endure and overcome the world. The Lord loves us and is doing his best to get us back to him.

We must just trust him first.

No comments:

Post a Comment